While it’s technically autumn now, there is a summertime threat that is still very much alive in most parts of the country. That threat is called Toxicodendron – or, as you may be more familiar with, poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac.

This nasty plant can do a number on you. Don’t let it get close to your skin! The oil excreted by this plant can cause major skin irritation, including painful blisters and swelling. If you don’t already know what these plants look like, be sure to do a quick internet search to familiarize yourself with it.

If you have it on your property, and you feel the need to remove it, do your best to avoid making contact with it on your skin. Wear gloves, long sleeves, and pants, and wash these immediately after you finish doing the deed. Never burn these plants, as the smoke can cause serious damage to you.

error: Content is protected !!